Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Pure: part 2

Elizabeth is taking her morning nap.  The house is SUPER quiet. Well...except for the dryer that just buzzed. :)

Been thinking about purity lately.  Being married hasn't changed my thoughts about purity from when I was single.  You don't STOP being pure once you get married.  Out of love for the Lord and love for your spouse you continue to guard your eyes, your emotions, your thoughts.  In singleness, your one devotion is to the Lord. In marriage, your devotion to the Lord is lived out in honoring your man. 

 I've seen too many Christian married women make very foolish and devastating choices.  Maybe their husband wasn't protecting them. Maybe they had the wrong friends. Maybe they had too much freedom. I don't know.  But I do know, God desires all of us to be pure in heart.  It's only then that we'll truly SEE HIM! (Matthew 5:8)

"God made man to experience the satisfying pleasures of His presence instead of the temporary pleasures of sin." - S.J. Hill

If you're single or married, He has your very best in mind.  Enjoy where God has you; not out of duty, but out of love for your Father.

My little girly is awake!  Time for lunch!!! :)

With love,

Brittany

1 comment:

  1. Brittany,
    I love your blog! Such genuine, sweet, wisdom comes forth when you write! I love how you said "In marriage your devotion to the Lord is lived out in honoring your man".
    Good words! I'm following you now on GFC... keep writing, you've got it inside you! :)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete