Sunday, May 22, 2011

What do YOU want?!

I was inspired recently by a preacher who challenged me with this question: "How big is your 'want to'?" He gave one example after another of people who had stopped at nothing to obtain whatever it was they wanted in life: new job, new house, spouse, etc. He stated that all God's promises are true but that they are not a substitution for hard work and preparation. "Yes, stand on the Word and believe that Jesus has healed you," he declared, "but you should also get in the gym and take care of your body! Eat what is good for you! Live healthy and eat well!" So much truth in what he said. God is our provider, and He is all that we will ever need. However, if you are not satisfied with something in your life and you want to see change, then there may be some adjustments that you need to make. What is it you want in life? What are your dreams, your goals and your desires? Chase after those things. Work hard to achieve what you want. The things that you want in life are the things that you will MAKE time for. I have been inspired to write a book. I need to finish my last semester of school. I am fighting pain in my back muscles. I am now determined to combine my prayer of faith with discipline. The physical therapist has given me stretches to do (that I haven't been doing). How bad do I want to be healed? I will have to set time aside to study and to write my book. Do I want those dreams bad enough? Friends, through Jesus you are empowered to do all things. Go fulfill your dreams, and ask God to increase your "want to". Love to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment