Friday, June 3, 2011

Happiness

This week the devil offered to throw me a pity party. He dug up my hurt, failures, and disappointments and set them right in front of me. "Why don't we take a look at these and be sad for awhile." I almost agreed to go to the party when suddenly I remembered a song my friend told me about and chose to listen to it. The name of the song is "You Won't Relent" (by the band Jesusculture), and as I listened my sadness subsided. Jesus has this powerful ability to make all your concerns fall away when your heart focuses on Him! I turned down the pity party invitation and felt peace and happiness soak in as the song continued.

"It takes some strength to not just yield to how you feel." Those wise words from Keith Moore remind me that the devil wants us to be unhappy. There are times when happiness must be a choice despite your circumstances! You won't always feel like being kind to people or feel like doing what is right! It isn't wise to live your life according to how you feel. HEAR ME OUT: Be wise in what you "feed" on so that when those negative feelings or emotions confront you, you'll have the strength to push them aside. Meditate on the truth. The truth is the joy of the Lord is your strength (Nehemiah 8:10)!

Have a blessed day! Talk to Jesus, He's listening :)
Love,
Rachel

p.s. More to come concerning what you "feed" on.

No comments:

Post a Comment